You can your Delete Google Pay Account by following some simple steps. Google Pay is a UPI based payment app in India. Google Pay is owned by Tech Giant Company Google.
You can do any type of digital transaction through Google Pay. Whenever you use Google Pay, Google also gives you many types of rewards in it.
You my think that Uninstalling the app from your Phone will delete your Account but it is not so. Uninstalling Google Pay app only removes it from your Phone but your account remains present, it is not deleted completely. If you Install the app again after uninstalling it & search your account then you will find it again.
However, If you delete your Google Pay account then you will not be able to recover it again.Thus, whatever transaction you did, whether it is bank, mobile recharge, you cannot recover anyone’s transaction history.
You can delete your Google Pay Account in two Steps. Firstly, you have to delete the Bank Account connected to your Google Pay Account & Secondly, you have to login to your Gmail Account & need to delete your Google Pay Service under Delete a Google Service Option. Let me tell you the process one by one. Simply follow the following steps:
STEP 1. HOW TO DELETE BANK ACCOUNT :
- Login to your Google Pay Account
- Tap on your Profile Icon
- Tap on the Bank Account Option
- Tap on the Bank Account Linked to your Bank Account
- Tap on three Dots & Select Remove Account
Your bank account connected to Google Pay account will be deleted successfully
STEP 2. HOW TO DELETE GOOGLE PAY SERVICE FROM GMAIL:
- Login to your Gmail Account connected with your Google Pay Account
- Click on your Gmail Profile Picture
- Click on “Manage your Google Account” Option
- Click on “Data & Privacy “Option
- Under “Download or Delete your data”, Click on “Delete a Google Service” Option
- You will be prompt to enter your Gmail Account password. Enter the Password & Click on Next
- Click on Delete Option & Follow the process displayed on the Screen
Your Google Pay Account will be successfully deleted. You can now Log Out from the Google Pay Account & Uninstall the app from your Phone.
If you still face problems to delete your G Pay Account the you can watch the video below. Here I have also explained the process to delete your G Pay Account permanently.
How to remove Bank Account from PhonePe?